This spaghetti squash taco bake combines low-carb spaghetti squash with ground turkey, taco seasoning, salsa and cheese for a delicious, healthy and easy dinner.
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro + more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped jalapeño + more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Toppings: green onions, avocado, plain Greek yogurt/sour cream, cilantro, jalapeño
- Roast spaghetti squash. (Instructions for how to cook spaghetti squash can be found here.)
- While squash is roasting, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Add ground turkey and taco seasoning to the pan and cook, breaking meat apart with your spatula. Once turkey is cooked through and no longer pink, add black beans, salsa, cilantro, tomato paste, jalapeño, chili powder, pepper and sea salt to the pan. Stir until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- One squash is roasted and cool enough to touch, remove spaghetti strands from the peel and add the squash to the pan with ground turkey mixture. Toss to combine then transfer to a 8×8 or 9×9 square baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 375°F, or until spaghetti squash bake is warm throughout and cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro, jalapeño, green onions, chopped tomatoes, avocado and/or sour cream.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe without toppings
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 553mg
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: spaghetti squash taco bake