These chocolate covered snickers stuffed dates are made with real food ingredients and taste even better than an actual Snickers bar. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped/crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Cut a slit in each date to remove the pit, then fill each with peanut butter (about 1/2 teaspoon) and a sprinkle of crushed peanuts. Set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each. It should take longer than 1-2 minutes total.
- Using a toothpick, dip each date into melted chocolate and use a spoon to coat the date until completely covered. Place chocolate covered date on a platter lined with parchment. Sprinkle remaining crushed peanuts on top of each date. Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
- Keep leftover chocolate covered dates in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Need a single-serving treat? Just use 1 date, 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon crushed peanuts and about 1 Tablespoon of melted chocolate.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 date
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 19mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: stuffed dates, peanut butter stuffed dates, snickers dates