Published Jul 28, 2021, Updated Jun 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
These s’mores cookies are made with oat flour and coconut sugar so they’re on the healthy side, but still irresistibility delish with chocolate chips, graham crackers and melty marshmallows throughout.
S’mores bring you right back to your childhood, don’t they?! I love remembering times my family gathered around the campfire and roasted marshmallows for s’mores.
I still love s’mores… who doesn’t?! So when I thought of the idea to combine s’mores + cookies, I was so excited test this recipe! The end result is delicious. There’s an oat flour cookie base with chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and graham crackers mixed in to the batter. After cooking you have an ooey, gooey flavor explosion.
Here’s What You Need
- oat flour – you can make your own by grinding rolled oats or buy pre-made oat flour. Make sure it’s gluten-free if needed.
- baking soda and baking powder – helps the cookies rise!
- egg – the binding agent in these cookies. I haven’t tried these cookies with flax egg or chia egg, but it should work.
- coconut sugar – I love using coconut sugar because it’s a natural sweetnerwith a bit more nutrition, but regular cane sugar will work as well.
- salt – just a touch to make all of the flavors pop!
- dairy-free milk – any dairy-free milk works, but I use almond milk.
- coconut oil – a great vegan option to replace butter.
- pure vanilla extract – for a flavor enhancer.
- chocolate chips – I like using Lily’s chocolate chips – they have no sugar added and are dairy-free.
- mini marshmallows – Any mini marshmallows work.
- graham crackers – any type of graham crackers work! Grab gluten-free if needed.
tip! To make these cookies dairy-free, make sure you use dairy-free milk, vegan marshmallows and dairy-free chocolate chips!
How to Store
After allowing the cookies to cool completely, you’ll want to store them in an airtight container. They will last on the countertop for a couple of days, in the fridge for up to a week and can be frozen for longer storage.
More Cookie Recipes to Try
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg at room temp
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tablespoons dairy-free milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, I used Lily’s
- ½ cup mini marshmallows (use can use vegan mini marshmallows)
- ½ cup chopped/crushed graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine egg, coconut sugar, milk, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto a greased (or parchment lined) baking sheet. Add a few extra chocolate chips and graham crackers on top to make the cookies look pretty.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool for at least 15 minutes, during which time they will firm up. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.