This slow cooker shredded chicken recipe is so easy and makes the best shredded chicken every time — only 4 ingredients needed!
- 1–2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts inside your slow cooker. Liberally sprinkle both sides of each breast with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar to the slow cooker, if using.
- Set your slow cooker to cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Test to make sure your chicken is cooked through. You can use a meat thermometer to be 100% sure (the meat needs to be 165°F internally). I usually just make sure all the meat is white, cooked through and pulls apart easily.
- The last step is to transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and use 2 forks or a meat shredder to shred the chicken.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Slow Cookerr
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shredded chicken