Warm up with this slow cooker sausage kale soup. Packed with flavor and veggies, this 10-ingredient soup is low-carb, easy to whip up and tastes delicious!
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 32 oz cartons chicken stock or broth (about 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 1lb sage sausage
- parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet or pot, cook sausage over medium heat while breaking into pieces. Once brown, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Drain fat from pan, leaving about 1 Tablespoon.
- Cook garlic, onion, carrots and celery in reserved fat for 4-5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Transfer veggies into a slow cooker, add stock, pepper, salt and stir in sausage.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Add kale to the slow cooker about 10 minutes before serving.
- Portion soup into bowls, season with additional salt, pepper and parmesan if using.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 479 |
- Sugar: 7g |
- Fat: 31g |
- Carbohydrates: 12g |
- Fiber: 3g |
- Protein: 34g