Apple cinnamon oatmeal made with steel cut oats and filled with soft apple chunks. You can make this apple cinnamon oatmeal in your slow cooker or an instant pot!
- cooking spray, butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk*
- 1 cup chopped apple pieces
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup + 5 drops of liquid stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- toppings: chopped nuts, nut butter, extra maple syrup, coconut sugar
- For the slow cooker: Coat slow cooker with cooking spray, butter or coconut oil. Add all the ingredients besides the toppings into slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Place in a bowl to serve and sprinkle on toppings of choice.
- For the Instant Pot: Add all ingredients except almond milk and toppings into your Instant Pot. Cover with the lid and turn the vent to “sealing.” Press the manual button and set time to 4 minutes on high pressure. The Instant Pot will automatically start. Once done cooking, allow the pressure to naturally release. Once all the pressure has released carefully remove the lid and stir the oatmeal and serve.
- For leftovers: Let the oatmeal cool and place in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. You can reheat the oatmeal on the stovetop or microwave. Just add a little additional milk to loosen the oatmeal, if needed.
- The big difference between cooking the apple cinnamon oatmeal in the slow cooker and the Instant Pot is the amount of liquid. For the slow cooker you need 4 cups of liquid and for the Instant Pot you only need 2 cups. It can be water or almond milk, whichever you prefer. Almond milk will make for creamier oatmeal.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe without toppings
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: apple cinnamon oatmeal, slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal, Instant Pot apple cinnamon oatmeal