Samoas cookies made healthy with only 6 ingredients and about 10 minutes. These sinless samoas bites are filled with caramel flavor from the dates, studded with chocolate chips and coated in toasted coconut. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup pitted dates (about 12)
- 1/2 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon mini vegan chocolate chips or dark chocolate pieces (divided)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Spread all the shredded coconut onto a baking sheet for toasting. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes, until coconut is a light golden brown color. Make sure to stay in the kitchen watch the coconut, as it can easily go from toasted to burnt.
- Place dates, almond butter, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, 1/2 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips, sea salt and vanilla into a food processor or mini chopper. Process until the mixture turns into a dough ball.
- Work “dough” with clean hands to add in the other 1/2 Tablespoon of chocolate chips. Pinch off small amounts of the dough (about 1.5 teaspoons full) and roll into 12 balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/3 cup of toasted coconut.
- Store in fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 5G
- Fat: 5G
- Carbohydrates: 8G
- Protein: 1G