Homestyle vegan chicken salad made with tofu, almonds, celery, onion and raisins tossed in a creamy vegan dressing. This salad is delicious, protein packed and great for sandwiches and wraps. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup silvered blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 6 Tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- pinch of turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Crumble tofu into small pieces in a medium to large size bowl.
- Mix celery, onions and almonds with tofu.
- In another bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, pepper, salt, dill and turmeric. Toss fresh parsley and dill on top and give the mixture another stir to combine everything.
- Add dressing to the tofu mixture and stir well to combine. Enjoy immediately. Leftovers should last 4-5 days in the fridge.
- I’m a huge fan of using raw red onions in salads, but they can be a bit pungent. You can remove some of their astringent flavor by soaking them in cold water before adding them to raw salad recipes like this!
- Category: Salads
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: vegan chicken salad