Roasted summer squash and zucchini with onion, garlic makes for an easy summer side dish that you can pair with just about any protein.
- 2 small/medium yellow summer squash, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small/medium zucchini, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place squash, zucchini, onion, garlic and oil in a large bowl. Toss until the veggies are coated. Liberally sprinkle on salt and pepper and toss once more.
- Spread mixture out on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, tossing once around the 15 minute mark. Remove from oven and serve warm with protein of your choice.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: roasted summer squash, roasted zucchini