This roasted delicata squash is so easy and results in delicious squash that’s soft and sweet. The best part? The skin of the delicata squash softens right up so there’s no peeling involved!
- 1 delicata squash, washed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (more if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Prep squash by cutting it lengthwise and removing all the seeds and stringy bits. Place cut side down on a cutting board and slice the squash into 1/4 inch thick pieces the shape of a rainbow.
- Add chopped squash to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread squash on a large baking sheet, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- Roast squash for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. You’ll know squash is done when it has brown spots on the flesh and is fork tender. Serve warm or at room temp.
- To store: leftover will last in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- If you want the squash to have more savory flavor feel free to add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or garlic granules
- If you want the squash to have a sweet flavor, omit the ground pepper and add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of squash
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 590mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted delicata squash