How to make easy and delicious roasted carrots with a little oil, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. This is such a healthy and tasty way to prepare carrots!
- 1 lb carrots, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (thyme, dill or parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel carrots and chop any large carrots in half. Slice carrots diagonally into 1″ pieces. You want the pieces to be pretty similar in size so they cook evenly and you don’t want the pieces too small because the carrots will shrink when roasting.
- Toss carrots in a bowl with the oil, salt, pepper and 2 Tablespoons of fresh herbs.
- Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, toss carrots and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender with a few brown spots.
- Toss the carrots with remaining fresh herbs, taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed. Serve warm.
- Category: Side
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 747mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted carrots