Roasted asparagus is an easy and healthy side dish that comes together in less than 30 minutes and can be flavored in a variety of ways. Try topping it with fresh lemon, red pepper flakes or parmesan cheese.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- toppings: lemon, crushed red pepper, parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice (about 1 Tablespoon for the whole batch) and red pepper flakes (if using) just before serving. You can also add shredded parmesan cheese.
Keywords: roasted asparagus