This avocado corn salad topped with lime juice and fresh basil. This salad is the perfect healthy summer side dish because there’s no cooking involved!
- 6 ears of fresh uncooked sweet corn, husked and cut from cob*
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- lime juice (1 lime or about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- After husking and cutting corn from the cob, pull out as many corn silks as possible. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately or allow it to marinate for a few hours. I like to make it the night before and allow it to marinate over night as it tastes even better the next day.
- If you prefer to cook the corn, simply fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling add corn cobs and boil for 5-6 minutes. Remove corn cobs from the boiling water, drain and rinse with cold water. Once cool enough to handle, cut corn from the cob.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: corn and avocado salad