Healthy breakfast muesli made with rolled oats, almonds, apples and raisins. You’ll love how easy it is to meal prep!
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water or milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 firm apple, such as Granny Smith or Fuji
- 2 Tablespoons toasted or raw unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons raisins or dried currants
- 2 Tablespoons toasted or raw sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine oats with 3/4 cup water or milk. Chill for at least 2 hours and as long as overnight, then drain (oats will be fuller-textured than when short-soaked).
- Put lemon juice in separate bowl. Chop or shred your apple and place pieces into the lemon juice; mix immediately.
- Stir apples, almonds, maple syrup, and shredded coconut into your soaked oats.
- Divide among 2 bowls. Serve with yogurt if you like or eat plain.
- Adapted from Sunset’s Ranch Breakfast Muesli.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 1 cup)
- Calories: 308
- Sugar: 24g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 10g