This healthy quinoa chickpea salad is loaded with veggies and makes a light and delicious lunch option that can be made ahead of time for easy lunches throughout the week. Great for meal prep!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine or white balsamic vinegar
- 2–3 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine ingredients: Combine all ingredients in a big bowl. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve: Serve over your favorite leafy greens and top with an extra drizzle of more oil and vinegar.
- Chickpeas – I used canned chickpeas because they’re super easy to use! If you don’t like chickpeas you can substitute for another white bean like cannellini beans or Northern beans.
- Tomatoes – You can use grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes or a mixture!
- Cheese – Use vegan feta cheese to make this salad dairy-free or vegan. You can also use crumbled goat cheese if you’re not a fan of feta cheese or don’t have it on hand.
- Avocado – Want to add a little creaminess and healthy fats to your salad? Add in some chopped avocado!
- Dressing – I love the simple dressing I created with this salad but any vinaigrette would work if you’re in a pinch. Some options: Greek salad dressing, white balsamic vinaigrette or lemon vinaigrette.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 469mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 2mg