Quick Quinoa Salad (serves 2-3)
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (I used a blackberry, pear balsamic)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 picholine olives, pitted and chopped into small pieces (you can use any type of olive, it’s just want I had on hand)
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1.) Place the vegetable broth in a pot and bring it to a boil; add the quinoa and simmer until the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 12 minutes.
2.) In a large bowl stir together the oil, balsamic and garlic. Add a dash of pepper.
3.) Add the cooked quinoa, bell pepper, chickpeas, tomato, olives and basil to the bowl and gently mix. Serve immediately.
If you enjoy this quinoa salad, you can check out my roundup of quinoa salad recipes.