Quick pickled onions made from only five ingredients and made in only one hour! These are great for adding fun color and flavor to a wide variety of meals.
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Add vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a bowl and whisk together until the sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Place onion slices in a mason jar and pour vinegar mixture on top, making sure all onion slices are covered with liquid.
- Let mixture sit at room temperature for 1 hour before covering and placing in the fridge.
- Onions can be stored in the liquid (in the fridge) for up to two weeks. Use a fork or slotted spoon to remove the onions from the liquid before using.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Pickle
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 9
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: quick pickled onions, pickled red onion