This quick and easy weeknight meal is healthy, gluten-free, vegan and super flavorful.
- 1 lb. of super-firm tofu (drained and pressed)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 heads of baby bok choy, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 5–6 Tablespoons low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 1–2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek, or similar chili sauce
- 1 green onion/scallion, chopped
- ½ – 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- rice or quinoa, for serving
- Pat pressed tofu dry with paper towels, and cut into small bite-size pieces, about ½ inch thick.
- Heat coconut oil on medium in a large skillet. Add tofu and stir-fry until lightly colored. About 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic and bok choy to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes, until the bok choy begins to wilt. The skillet will start to dry out a bit, when this happens, you’ll want to add the vegetable broth as well as all the remaining ingredients (maple syrup, liquid aminos, Sambal Oelek, scallion and ginger). Keep stir-frying the mixture until all ingredients are well coated and most of the liquid evaporates, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve over quinoa or brown rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: bok choy stir-fry