This chilled Swiss oatmeal – with crunchy apples, dried fruit and nuts – is not only full of fiber and protein, but is easy to make ahead of time for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go! Gluten-free, vegan option.
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 2 splashes
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt (substitute soy, almond or coconut milk yogurt if needed)
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
- ½ cored Pink Lady apple, chopped into small pieces
- ½ of a ripe banana, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon roasted almonds, chopped
- chia seeds, for sprinkling on top
- maple syrup, for drizzling
- Place oats, milk, yogurt, cranberries, apple, banana, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl, soak (covered) in the refrigerator over night.
- In the morning, add a splash or two of almond milk and stir the mixture. Portion out a serving and sprinkle almonds, chia seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup over the top. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g