This protein pumpkin oatmeal with egg whites is loaded with pumpkin flavor and protein. The secret is whipping egg whites into the oats while they cook!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites or 2 egg whites from whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- sprinkle of extra cinnamon
- toppings: almond butter, granola and pecans
- In saucepan over high heat, combine the almond milk, water, banana slices, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the oatmeal. Turn the heat down and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg whites into the oats and stir/whisk constantly. Stirring will keep the egg whites from cooking so that they turn into a thick, fluffy consistency instead. This should take 1-2 minutes.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed and the oatmeal is cooked through, place in a bowl and add your favorite toppings. I used almond butter, granola and pecans, but feel free to use a variety of nuts, nut butter or sweeteners. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl without toppings
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 14g
Keywords: protein pumpkin oatmeal with egg whites, protein pumpkin oatmeal, protein, pumpkin, oatmeal, fall, healthy, thanksgiving