Edible protein cookie dough that tastes absolutely delicious! You’d never guess that it’s made with chickpeas, vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vanilla vegan protein powder*
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- Add chickpeas to a large food processor and process until they start to smooth out. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add remaining ingredients protein powder, nut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, sea salt and process until a ball of dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula to separate the dough a bit, add chocolate chips and pulse 2-3 times or until chocolate chips get dispersed in the dough.
- Remove dough from the processor and enjoy!
- For a cookie dough sundae with the chocolate drizzle: simply use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough into a small bowl. Melt 1-2 Tablespoons of additional chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and drizzle over the cookie dough. Enjoy.
- For cookie dough balls: roll the dough (using a heaping Tablespoon) into balls. These can also be dipped in chocolate for chocolate covered cookie dough bites.
- For cookie dough dip: add almond milk (about 1/4 or so) for a thinner texture that’s perfect for dipping. Serve with apple slices or graham crackers.
- Store any leftover dough in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
*Vanilla protein powder is ideal because it will have a little sweetness to it. If you don’t have vanilla protein powder on hand, you can use oat flour instead, but you’ll likely need more sugar to sweeten up the dough. I’ve used Tone It Up Vanilla Protein Powder and Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein Powder, both worked great!
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 164kcal
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: protein cookie dough, healthy cookie dough, chickpea cookie dough