Make healthy cookie dough protein bites with chickpea based cookie dough and melted dark chocolate. You’ll love having these on hand for a sweet treat.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter or cashew butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free, if needed)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Add chickpeas to a large food processor and process until they start to smooth out. You may need to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add remaining ingredients protein powder, nut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, sea salt and process until a ball of dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula to separate the dough a bit, add chocolate chips and pulse 2-3 times or until chocolate chips get dispersed in the dough.
- Remove dough from the processor.
- Roll the dough (using a heaping ½ Tablespoon) into balls and place on a small parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler or by placing chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute, stir and heat in 30 second increments until chocolate is fully melted. Use a fork to dip each cookie dough bite into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off before placing back on parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge or freezer to set chocolate before enjoying.
- Store leftover protein bites in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: cookie dough protein bites