These simple clean eating Popeye turkey meatballs are moist and flavorful, loaded with veggies and require no binders! Meal prep a batch early in the week so you can add them to pasta, sandwiches, salads and more throughout the week!
- 2 pounds ground lean turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 ounces baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Make sure onion, carrot and spinach are finely chopped as you don’t want huge chunks of veggies in the meatballs. I like chopping all the veggies in my food processor to save time. The spinach was super chopped, which why the meatballs look so green!!
- Grab a large bowl and add turkey, chopped veggies and spices. Gently combine, using clean hands if needed.
- Roll meat mixture into 1-2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray. Place them about 1-inch apart. Bake until outsides are lightly browned and centers are no longer pink, about 25 minutes. Serve right away or let cool before placing in an air-tight container if you’re making these as part of your meal prep.
*Feel free to add 1 egg or 3 egg whites to the mixture if you want a fluffier meatball, but I find the meatballs to taste great without it.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 155kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 271mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 65mg