Combine two amazing desserts into one with these fudgy pecan pie brownies! They’re made with almond flour so they’re gluten-free, grain-free and absolutely delicious.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted (I used Lily’s)*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups blanched fine almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole or chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 square pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the melted butter, sugar, salt, vanilla and melted chocolate chips.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Scoop/pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges.
- Bake brownies in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While brownies are baking prepare topping by combining brown sugar, maple syrup, melted butter, egg, vanilla, salt and pecans in a small bowl.
- After 20 minutes, remove brownies from the oven and evenly spread the pecan topping over the brownie batter. Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the topping has set. Remove from oven and let brownies cool for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Brownies will keep for 2 days covered at room temp or up to 5 days in the fridge.
- To melt the chocolate, place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15 second increments for about 90 seconds, stirring in between until the chocolate has fully melted.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
Keywords: pecan pie brownies