You’ll love waking up to these peanut butter and jelly overnight oats! Protein-rich peanut butter and chia seed jam are swirled in with the creamy oats for a delicious and healthy breakfast.
- Make jam: Make a batch of chia jam following the recipe for my strawberry chia seed jam.
- Combine ingredients: In the meantime, put oats, almond milk, peanut butter, protein powder and sea salt in a bowl and gently stir them together until the protein powder has dissolved. It’s okay if the peanut butter is a little clumpy.
- Let set: Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve: Once the overnight oats have set up (and absorbed most of the almond milk) you’re ready to serve them. You can simply separate the overnight oats into two containers and use the berry chia jam as a topping or create layers with it. To make the layered version simply place 1/4 of the overnight oats in a container, place 1/4 of the berry chia jam on top, cover with another 1/4 of the overnight oats and top with more berry chia jam. Use remaining oats and chia jam to make a second bowl of layered overnight oats and serve. Drizzle more peanut butter on top, if desired.
- Store: Overnight oats will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge in a sealed airtight container.
- Protein powder: If you don’t want to use protein power, simply add a couple tablespoons of Greek yogurt in place of the protein powder or omit the powder completely.
- Jam: My homemade chia jam is unsweetened and perfect in this recipe, but if you don’t have time to make chia jam you can use store-bought jam.
- Peanut butter: If you don’t have or are allergic to peanut butter, you can use any nut or seed butter instead.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Soak
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 55g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 19g
Keywords: peanut butter and jelly overnight oats, pb&j overnight oats