A patriotic berry salad with fresh berries, crunchy maple walnuts and blue cheese. The red white and blue theme makes it perfect for Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
- 10 oz baby greens (I used OrganicGirl Supergreens!)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, feta or goat cheese
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- generous shake of sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar or maple syrup
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Add walnuts to a baking sheet and toss with maple syrup, cinnamon and sea salt. Spread in a single layer and roast for 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow walnuts to cool.
- While walnuts are roasting, make the dressing by whisking together vinegar, mustard, sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Add greens to a large bowl and top with berries, cheese and maple walnuts.
- Add dressing and toss just before serving to leave dressing on the side and allow everyone to dress their own salad.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: berry salad, patriotic salad, 4th of july salad