A quick and easy one-skillet meal for busy weeknights! This enchilada pasta uses the new red lentil pasta from Barilla, so it’s a good source of protein and loaded with flavor. It’s a dish the whole family will enjoy! Gluten-free + vegetarian + less than 30 minutes + minimal, simple ingredients.
- 1 box Barilla Red Lentil Rotini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce (store-bought or homemade)*
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded regular or dairy-free Mexican cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, regular or dairy-free sour cream
- In a large skillet, add oil, garlic, onion and red bell pepper. Sauté for 5-6 minutes. Season with a little salt and add taco seasoning. Sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add dry pasta, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and broth to the skillet.
- Heat the skillet to a boil. Once boiling, lower the temperature to medium and add in the black beans, corn and taco seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to an al dente texture. Stir occasionally.
- Top with cheese and add in any additional toppings. Serve immediately.
*If you want to make a homemade enchilada sauce you can use the recipe from my enchilada bake.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: one-skillet pasta, enchilada pasta