A simple, basic recipe for overnight oats that you can tweak to make your own. They’re easy to prepare and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast.
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 plain yogurt or 1/4 cup more milk
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey (or your preferred sweetener)
- toppings of choice: fruit, nut butter, nuts, seeds, etc.
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop protein powder
- mix-ins like fruit, nut butter, etc
Add oats, milk, yogurt and sweetener into a jar or storage container with a lid. Stir ingredients together. Place in the fridge overnight (or just 30-60 minutes if you’re in a rush and making them the morning of).
The next morning, remove lid and give oats a big stir. If they seem too thick you can add a little more almond milk. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy. You can eat the oats straight from the jar or pour into a bowl.
Nutrition information does not include toppings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: overnight oats, basic overnight oats