These decadent no bake pumpkin pie bars pair a crunchy granola crust with a creamy, thick pumpkin filling with coconut oil and cashew butter. Vegan & gluten-free.
- 3 cups granola*
- 2 Tablespoons solid coconut oil
- 10 pitted medjool dates
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Add granola to a food processor and process until the granola is the size of graham cracker crumbs. Add coconut oil and dates to the food processor and process until mixture is well combined and sticking together.
- Pour crust mixture into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to press the mixture firmly into an even layer along the bottom of the dish. Place dish in the fridge to allow the crust to harden up.
- Wipe out your food processor container, replace blade and add dates to the processor. Process until dates have turned into a sticky paste. A ball might form and this is okay. Just break the ball apart with your hands.
- Add remaining pumpkin filling ingredients to the processor (pumpkin, cashew butter, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon). Turn on food processor and blend until mixture is completely combined and smooth. There may be a few specks of the dates visible, but the mixture should be smooth.
- Grab crust from the fridge and pour pumpkin pie filling over it. Use a spoon or spatula to spread the filling evenly.
- Place dish back in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours, but overnight is best. This will give the mixture time to thicken and set up. Once set, remove from the fridge, cut the bars and serve. Top each bar with a dollop of coconut whipped cream for serving if you wish.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- I tested the recipe with 3 different varieties of granola and the crust held together each time. I found the Purely Elizabeth granola worked best. If your crust seems dry and doesn’t seem to be holding together well, add another 1-2 Tablespoons of coconut oil.
- The bars are fabulous on their own, but feel free to spruce them up with a dollop of store-bought or homemade coconut whipped cream.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: no bake pumpkin pie bars