Classic no-bake cookies get a healthy upgrade with the addition of quinoa flakes. They’re the perfect sweet treat for the holiday season. Gluten-free & vegan.
- 1 1/2 cups Ancient Harvest quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened desiccated (or shredded) coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, date sugar or other unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, in a liquid state
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut flakes for topping
- Combine quinoa flakes and shredded coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, almond butter, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt in a sauce pan. Heat over low-medium heat until everything is combined and melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the quinoa flakes and coconut. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls on to a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to shape the cookies into desired shape — I like making them into little mounds. Top each with a coconut flake, if desired.
- Place baking sheet in the fridge or freeze until cookies are set (about 30 minutes), then serve. Store any leftover cookies in the fridge for later.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g