Real food brownies made with dates, walnuts and cocoa powder. Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and vegan!
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts + extra for topping*
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 4 Tablespoons cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips or dark chocolate, melted with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- Add walnuts, dates, walnuts, cacao powder, vanilla, and salt in a food processor. Process until completely mixture is well combined and sticking together. If the mixture isn’t sticking together well, add a little water starting with 1-2 teaspoons. Process again and add more water if needed. The amount of water needed will vary based on the dryness of your dates.
- Line a dish loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer brownie batter from the food processor to the loaf pan and press dough firmly into dish with your hands until dough is evenly distributed. I like covering the exposed dough with extra parchment while doing this to keep my hands from sticking.
- Once dough is evenly distributed, press pieces of walnuts into the top of the brownies. If you want a chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips with coconut oil and drizzle over brownies.
- Place loaf pan in the fridge to allow the brownies (and chocolate drizzle) to set up for 20-30 minutes. Remove from fridge, cut into 8 pieces and enjoy. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie without chocolate drizzle
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 37g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: no bake brownies