A light and lean dinner idea with fresh asparagus, shrimp and garlic. It takes only minutes to prepare and tastes delicious!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups (about 1 lb) sliced asparagus
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup prepared brown rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic, salt, crushed red pepper and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth and juice; bring to a boil and cook a few minutes longer. Don’t overcook or the shrimp will become tough.
- Remove from heat; serve with juices over brown rice or other whole grain.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 52g