White Bean Basil Hummus
This hummus is mild with a hint of sweetness- perfect for sandwiches, dip for veggies, tortilla chips, pita chip, etc.
Author: Brittany Mullins
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 can cannellini / white kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 small to medium clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn or roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp water (just to thin dip as desired)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except water and basil. Purée until smooth, gradually adding water as desired to thin dip and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add basil and purée briefly to incorporate ingredients.
Inspired by ED&BV’s White Bean Hummus with Fresh Thyme and Basil