Mustard greens, with their pungent flavor and leafy texture, are lovely in this hearty salad with roasted potatoes, tomatoes and light vinaigrette dressing
- 2–3 medium-large white potatoes, unpeeled and chopped (about 4–5 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups mustard greens, stems removed, leaves washed, dried, and shredded or chopped
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° Add chopped potatoes to a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread potatoes in a single layer and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting, chop your veggies and prepare dressing by placing all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth, set aside.
- When potatoes are done roasting, remove from oven and allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place mustard greens in a large salad bowl, top with slightly cooled roasted potatoes, tomatoes, onions and pour 1/2 cup dressing over salad. Toss to combine. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
Inspired by this recipe from Epicurious.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 350 |
- Sugar: 10g |
- Fat: 19g |
- Carbohydrates: 34g |
- Protein: 6g