Healthy soft pumpkin cookies decorated with frosting and candy eyes to make spooky mummy cookies. So cute and perfect for Halloween.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (175 grams)
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned or homemade)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- vanilla frosting, for piping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and sea salt) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (eggs, pumpkin, sugar and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. The dough will seem really wet for a cookie dough. This is ideal!
- Stir in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop and place cookies on prepared cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won’t spread very much so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting: add frosting to the piping bag fitted with a #44 or #45 tip and pipe the frosting across each cookie, one at a time. Use different angles and overlap some of the lines until most of the cookie is covered. Place a tiny bit of frosting on the back of two candy eyeballs and attach them just above the center of each cookie.
- To store: store leftover cookies in a container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie (without frosting)
- Calories: 54
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 59mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: soft pumpkin cookies