Lightened up mujadara with low-carb cauliflower rice instead of regular rice and less oil. This dish is super easy to make and can be eaten as a side or a vegetarian main. It’s gluten-free, grain-free and vegan.
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced (use the slicing blade on your food processor , or a mandoline if you have one)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 cups cooked green/brown lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chopped fresh mint and parsley, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the garlic and onions. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and dark brown, about 20-30 minutes. Add cumin, cinnamon and season with a few liberal shakes of salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and add cauliflower rice to the skillet. Cook until cauliflower rice has soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together cooked lentils, onions and cauliflower rice in a large dish. Serve warm (or at room temp).
- Top with a little yogurt, crushed red pepper flakes (if using), fresh mint and parsley.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 514mg
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 20g
- Protein: 21g
Keywords: cauliflower rice mujadara