These moist strawberry protein muffins are studded with fresh strawberries and chocolate chips. Made with oat flour and protein powder so they have an extra protein boost and they’re gluten-free!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 2 Tablespoons stevia baking blend (or 6–8 packets of stevia)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, liquid
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup plain or vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped into tiny pieces
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, except chocolate chips. Then mix in all wet ingredients. Stir until smooth and blended, then lightly stir in strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Line muffin tin with paper or silicone liners and spray with non-stick spray. Make sure you spray the liners (paper or silicone) or the muffins will stick.
- Place batter evenly muffin tin. The batter should fill 12 muffin cups. Drop 3-5 mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown and the muffins are baked through. Test with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven, lets= muffins sit for 5 minutes, then use a knife to go around the edge of each muffin and gently remove them from the tin and place on a flat surface to cool.
- Once they cool, they’ll be firm and ready to eat!
- Place in a sealed container and store at room temperature or in the fridge for longer storage.
- Storage: Muffins will keep in a sealed container for 1-2 days at room temperature or 5-7 days in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 106mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
Keywords: strawberry protein muffins