These stuffed sweet potatoes are packed with a variety of flavors and loaded with protein, healthy fat and fiber. They’re easy to whip up and make for a nutritious vegetarian weeknight meal.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 spring onions (green part only), chopped
- fresh cilantro, to taste
- sriracha or hot sauce, to taste
Zesty Tahini Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or water)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos (tamari or soy sauce would work too)
- 4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Pierce potatoes with a fork several times and bake for about one hour or until tender.
- While potatoes are baking, blend together the zesty tahini dressing. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms and peppers in a skillet until soft, about 3 minutes or so. Add in spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Remove potatoes from oven, cut open sweet potatoes, mashed each side with a fork and sprinkle on a little sea salt and pepper to season.
- Load on the toppings: start with the sautéed onion and spinach mixture, then add black beans, tomatoes, avocado, spring onion and cilantro. Drizzle desired amount of zesty tahini dressing dressing over each potato. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 19g