This healthy and hearty orzo salad is loaded with mediterranean flavors like sun-dried tomatoes and feta. A total crowd-pleaser that you’ll want to bring to every summer cookout and potluck.
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 4 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans or other white bean
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook according to the package directions until just tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water until the pasta cools to room temp. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- While orzo cooks make the dressing by using a blender or whisk to combine all ingredients.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, beans and oregano to the orzo and toss to combine.
- Add half of the balsamic dressing and toss again. Taste it and add more dressing if needed.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve at room temperature, sprinkled with feta.
- You can prep this salad the day before and keep it chilled, covered in the refrigerator. For the best flavor, let the chilled salad come to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: orzo salad