For this easy massaged kale salad you use avocado, lemon juice and sea salt to soften the kale and make a simple and delicious salad. It’s the perfect base for your favorite salad toppings.
- 1 large head curly kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- juice of 1 lemon (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- salad toppings – tomatoes, cucumber, additional avocado, roasted chickpeas, etc.
- dressing of choice (see links above)
- Rinse kale, de-stem and use a clean kitchen towel to dry it off. Chop kale into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour lemon juice over the kale, add avocado slices and sprinkle on the salt.
- Using your hands, massage the kale with avocado, mashing it with you fingers so that the kale becomes coated in avocado. Let kale rest for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Top massaged kale with your favorite salad toppings and salad dressing for more flavor. I added roasted chickpeas for crunch.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe without toppings
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 316mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: massaged kale salad