Perfectly sweet and savory, this maple turmeric chicken is a delicious way to give your body an extra anti-inflammatory boost. Great for meal prep!
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts)
- 1/2 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet and turn heat on medium/medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and season with sea salt and black pepper. At this point your oil should be hot and the chicken should sizzle when added to the skillet.
- Add all three pieces of chicken to the skillet and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is searing combine maple syrup, tamari, garlic, turmeric and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Once both sides of the chicken are seared, carefully pour maple turmeric sauce over chicken and toss to coat.
- Move skillet from the stovetop into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked throughout. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Stove Top/Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 34g