Maple mustard tempeh meal prep bowls with roasted brussels sprouts, quinoa and greens. Make this recipe on Sunday and eat well all week!
- 8 oz package Original or Three-Grain Lightlife tempeh, chopped into 20 cubes
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil + 1–2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups mixed greens
Maple Mustard Marinade/Dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Make marinade by whisking together all of the ingredients in a large bowl or container. Place tempeh cubes into the bowl and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Roast brussels sprouts: Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash, trim and chop brussels sprouts before adding them to a roasting pan with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss to combine and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through with some golden brown spots. Be sure to toss around the 20-minute mark.
- While brussels sprouts are roasting, cook quinoa by adding 1 cup dry quinoa to 2 cups of water or broth in a saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until no liquid remains. Remove from heat and use a fork to fluff the quinoa.
- Cook tempeh by adding 1-2 teaspoons of oil to a pan over medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to remove tempeh from the marinade and place in the pan. Cook tempeh cubes until all sides are golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- At this point, you can serve the dish as is or let everything cool before dividing everything into four meal prep containers. For the containers, each gets 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa, about 1 1/2 cups roasted brussels sprouts, 5 cubes of tempeh and 3/4 cup mixed greens. Place leftover marinade in a storage container and save to use as a dressing for the bowls when ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl with dressing
- Calories: 553
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: maple mustard tempeh, tempeh meal prep, tempeh meal prep bowls, tempeh brussels sprouts