These sweet potato nacho salad bowls are perfect when you’re craving crispy cheesy nachos but also feel like your body needs some greens. Gluten-free and vegetarian.
Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into thin chips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of fine sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 oz sliced aged cheddar
- 3 cups greens
- 1 cup white cannellini or black beans, cooked and drained
- ½ large avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 green onion, green portion only, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped or torn cilantro
- Tabasco (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Avocado La Crema Sauce
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup avocado- or olive oil–based mayo
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- pinch of garlic powder
- ½ green onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil or coat it well with cooking oil.
- To make the sweet potato chips, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet and arrange the cheese slices on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the sweet potatoes are crispy. Broil for the last few minutes for extra-crispy chips. Remove and let cool slightly.
- To make the avocado la crema sauce, if using, add all ingredients to a blender and blend well until creamy.
- For the bowls, divide the sweet potato chips evenly between the two serving bowls. Add the greens, beans and avocado. Top each bowl with the jalapeño, green onions and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle on the avocado sauce, if desired, and Tabasco. Sprinkle with the parmesan and crushed red pepper, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Nourishing Superfood Bowls by Lindsay Cotter.
- Category: Salad
- Serving Size: 1 salad without avocado sauce
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 18g