A lovely kale cabbage salad with broccoli florets, chickpeas and sunflower seeds coated with a creamy nutritional yeast dressing.
- 4 cups kale (approx. 1 bunch), de-stemmed and shredded
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium crown of broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast dressing (see recipe)
- Make nutritional yeast dressing.
- Chop all your veggies into bite-size pieces and toss into a large bowl to combine.
- Toss in chickpeas and sunflower seeds and top with dressing (I used about 1/2 the batch, but feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like). Use your hands to massage the salad, toss with a large spoon or put a lid on the container and shake until the salad is well coated.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe with 2 T of dressing
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: kale and cabbage salad