These homemade coconut chocolate chip Larabars require only five ingredients and take just minutes to make.
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if needed)
- Prep dish: Line a square or rectangle baking dish with parchment paper.
- Process nuts: Place coconut, almonds and cashews into food processor fitted with the S-blade and pulse until everything is chopped into small pieces. Place nut mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Process dates: Put dates into the food processor and pulse until a paste forms. The dates will probably form into a sticky ball. If they do, break about the ball a bit with your hands.
- Add nuts and coconut back into the processor with the dates and pulse until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times, until they’re just incorporated.
- Set and slice: Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to harden up and then slice into bars.
- To store: Store any leftovers in the fridge with parchment paper between them for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Hard/dry dates: If your dates are hard and dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Just drain them well before using.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: homemade larabars