Inspired by Katie’s Homemade Luna Bars
- 2 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I used Erewhon’s Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons protein powder (I used Sunwarrior)
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons vegan chocolate chips, melted
- Put cereal and oatmeal in a small food processor /chopper and pulse until the cereal is chopped fine. Don’t process it too much or else you’ll end up with flour.*
- Place cereal and oat mixture in a large mixing bowl and add in the coconut, protein powder and cocoa powder.
- Add the brown rice syrup, honey, peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla to a small sauce pan on medium-low heat. Stir mixture and heat until everything is melted and combined, about 2 minutes.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir very well, making sure to coat everything.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly into the pan. Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of the mixture, then press down as firmly as you can. Really press it down.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate on top of the bars and freeze for at least an hour before slicing.
- Store the bars in a sealed container in the freezer, fridge or a room temperature. I like them straight from the freezer!