These vanilla cake balls are moist, fluffy and taste like cake, but they’re made with healthy ingredients like chickpeas, vegan protein powder and cashew butter. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 1 1/2 cups [300 g] canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup [60 ml] coconut or agave nectar (I used maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup [30 g] vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour or meal or ground almonds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 Tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup [80 g] vegan sprinkles or 1/2 cup [50 g] unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Combine the chickpeas, coconut nectar, protein powder, almond flour, coconut butter, cashew butter, vanilla and salt in a food processor and processor for 1 to 2 minutes, until a smooth mass forms. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl from time to time to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the sprinkles on a plate.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and, with clean slightly wet hands, shape the mixture into a ball between your palms. Roll the ball in sprinkles to lightly coat, and set on a separate plate. Repeat with remaining mixture until you have 16 balls slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Place the balls in the freezer to set for 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until required.
Shared with permission from Energy Balls.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: cake energy balls