This warm and gooey salted caramel oatmeal is swirled with an easy date caramel sauce giving it that perfect blend of sweet and salty. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons date caramel sauce
- almond milk for topping (optional)
- Place oats, water, banana slices and salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook stirring frequently until the oatmeal is cooked and creamy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Portion oatmeal into a bowl, drizzle date caramel sauce on top of oats and stir. Add a little almond milk on top, if using.
- To lower the sugar content: skip the banana or use less date caramel sauce.
- To up the protein content: stir in 1/2 -1 scoop of vanilla protein powder after cooking.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 50g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: salted caramel oatmeal