These healthy pumpkin bars with chocolate chips are made with whole wheat pastry flour and less oil than traditional pumpkin bars! You’ll love the combo of pumpkin and chocolate.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, applesauce, yogurt, oil, egg whites, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in pumpkin.
- Slowly pour flour mix into the wet ingredients and mix well until everything is combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour dough evenly into the greased pan and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the middle of the bars.
- Cool completely, cut and enjoy!
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 197mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: healthy pumpkin bars