These tasty no bake almond cookies are packed with almonds, dates and cacao nibs. They’re sweet and delicious as is, but insanely good dipped in chocolate as well.
- 1 cup raw or unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 cup (about 8-10) medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons cacao nibs + more for topping
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if your almond butter is salted)
Chocolate for Dipping (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Lily’s)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (I used Lily’s)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the dates, almond butter, vanilla and salt.
- Pulse/process for about a minute, until a dough forms.
- Add in cacao nibs and pulse once or twice to combine.
- At this point your mixture should be a bit crumbly, but sticky enough to hold together when pressed. Form the dough into small cookies using your hands or by pressing the dough out on parchment paper and using a cookie cutter. Each cookie should contain about 1 Tablespoon of dough.
- Place formed cookies on parchment paper. Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to firm up. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for one week or the freezer up to 3 months.
For Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- If you want to dip the cookies in chocolate like I did, simply grab two small bowls and add the dark chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate oil into one and the white chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in the other. Heat the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Dip half of the cookies in the dark chocolate and half in the white chocolate. Place cookies back on parchment and sprinkle with cacao nibs. Place in the fridge or freezer to until the chocolate has set.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for one week or the freezer for a month.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 chocolate dipped cookie
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no bake almond cookies